Yes, that's right.... I took ALL ELEVEN kids to the dentist yesterday!!! I had originally wanted to just take a few each day this week, considering it's Spring Break. But, when I called to make the appointment, the girl on the phone asked if I could just bring them all at once. Talk about a shock! Most people freak out to even hear that we HAVE 11 kids, so it was a little weird to me to have someone ask me to bring them all to a tiny dentist office at the same time. ;)
What was even more fun was the girl who called on Saturday to confirm the appointment. She said, "Hi this is (her name), calling from (Dentist Office Name)... is this the parent or guardian of........... um........... wow." ROFLOL!!! I laughed, and said, "yes, this is, and yes, we are REALLY coming to see you on Monday." She sounded perplexed about the situation (mostly because of the sheer number of children at once, I am sure), and thanked me.
So, we went yesterday... we were even on time. We had only one meltdown from the 11 year old, although it lasted for longer than I'd have hoped. Finally, it was his turn, and he got really nervous. (Un?)-Fortunately, my ex-husband had to bring a few of the kids to the appointment, since he had them over the weekend for a visit, and he was able to go in with Josh for a little while to keep him calm. Josh doesn't do really well with dentists as it is, and he really does not like the invasion of personal space that occurs when you go there. The drill really freaks him out. Anyway, his dad was able to stay with him for a little while, and then left while we were waiting for the next shot of novacaine to kick in. Josh did great for the remaining part, and is now good to go til October! YAY!! Boy, is he glad! ;)
I was very impressed with the dentist and his staff. They were so kind and sweet to all the kids. We did end up with THREE kids who had ZERO cavities!!! YAY!!! Two referrals to the orthodontist. One little girl who has to have a few fillings done at the surgery center (she's 3), and 3 kids who have to go back today due to the fact that they are littler than the big kids and need a special little kid dentist and one big kid who had to go back today b/c the dentist had an emergency patient come in, and we were going to be there again today anyway for the other 3.
So, that's the deal... I was totally pleased with how easy it was, and even more pleased that they were able to do almost all of the work that the kids needed yesterday. Most of the time, dentists schedule you for weeks and weeks at a time. This office is a KEEPER! :)
The ZooKeeper
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! How understanding of them. That is awesome. You are such an optimistic trooper too. I love reading your blog and seeing how you find humor and fun in so many situations.
I have a hard enough time just getting myself to the dentist! Impressive!
Just in case you were wondering...the word verification for this post is suckeen. Cool.
Post a Comment