Sunday, March 16, 2008

Time eludes me...

I do not know where it goes! Of course, it doesn't help that the lawmakers decided to mess with Mother Nature some more, thus moving the time change I've been accustomed to since I was a child to different dates both in the fall AND the Spring! That is SO not fair.... It's been a week already, and still, I am not caught up.

It's been an interesting couple of weeks since I blogged last. We are continuing with Plan F(orward), and wow, have we been having a roller coaster ride! However, it seems that we on the right path, it's just a really HILLY one! Lots of ups and downs. My faith is definitely being tested, but I am holding steady, and just making sure that I remember the Answers I've received over the last few weeks, and testing every new thing that comes to my mind against those Answers. If there is no balance, then I let the idea go until I see it come into balance. This plan seems to be working, although, it is very frustrating to have to weed through everything like that. I am just really glad that I have those Answers to compare everything to... without them, I'd be surely Lost!

We have found an agency here in town that does EXACTLY what we need for Josh! I am SO excited!!! The director came out to our home yesterday to assess Joshua and our family situation. I was thrilled to hear that the therapist who recommended this program, who also works for them, has requested to keep our family. Sandra is just a doll, and she has Josh's number! LOL Nothing gets by her, and I love that! There will also be a basic skills worker who will come out to our home 2 or 3 times a week, who will work with Joshua on his basic life skills. He will get all the kids and parents together so we can work on issues, and also will take Josh out into the community to help him there. We were talking about the horse therapy, and Natasha (the director) was SO excited to hear about that, she said we should make sure we put that as part of Josh's treatment plan. They will also help us get an IEP together for Joshua, and should there be any issues at school, they will come in to the school for meetings, conferences, etc. This really feels SO right, and it allows us to keep Joshua in the chiropractic care (drjenkins.org) and the horse therapy, which I already mentioned. The only trick is keeping the insurance coverage where it needs to be, but Natasha said she would make the necessary calls tomorrow. So, please pray that we can do this, and that the medicaid people will see the good in this vs. the horrible idea of sending Josh 500 miles away to a place where he has no support system. So, again, Y'all PRAY!!!

The rest of the kids are doing good.... it's Spring Break! Yay us! LOL We'll be taking a day trip up to St. George one day this week, and the kids are all excited about that. Eli is mad because he wanted to work at the Rec Center over the break, but he didn't get his missing assignments completed, so that's a no-go for him. He is trying to earn his marbles back, so he can have some priveleges while he is home this week. I hope he can figure out how to keep them once he earns them back.

oh, Aaron got injured a week ago in a tragic flip of one of our go-karts. He shredded the skin of one of his knuckles, and jammed the other knuckle pretty hard. He only needed 3 stitches, and thankfully it is healing very well. He is going back to the doctor on Tuesday, and hopefully Dr. Frank will do something about Aaron's blood pressure. The ER folks were more concerned about Aaron's blood pressure the other night than they were about his hand. They gave him some bp meds in his IV, which helped, but it's back up now. We signed up for the discount program at Walgreen's, so hopefully that will help with the cost of medication.

The weather here in Vegas is funny. We have had rain in the valley today, and snow in the mountains. Just a few days ago it was 80 degrees........ funny. No wonder everyone is sick! And they say this isn't going to be the last cold snap we have...... Yay us!

No comments: