So, how many times do you think you've had to sit down and write down the names, addresses and phone numbers of EVERY single doctor, therapist, etc. your child has ever seen? Filing for SSI for Josh, and this is a nightmare. They say they want AT LEAST the last 12 months...... but the more you give them, the better. SO, I've been wracking my brain for DAYS trying to come up with a somewhat comprehensive list. Oh goody.
In addition to this...... the psychologist who we ADORE, and have been taking a few of the kids to for the last few months, is suddenly NOT on our insurance, and until they can figure out this mess, and how to get him credentialed with them, we can't go see him......... of course, we find this out today while we are at his office, for TWO appointments. (Actually 3, b/c Josh was seeing the psychiatrist, and he's in the same office.) The psychologist has been doing testing on our 6 yr old daughter, who is apparently VERY bright, but also apparently about 2 years delayed. Sorry, I'm tired, can't remember what it's called. Anyway....... this explains a LOT. We are in the midst of getting her tested to find out what is going on with her, and this is NOT a good time to stop....... but, alas, I suppose we will be on PAUSE for a bit longer. What a nightmare. I was ready to burst into tears right there in the office, but I held it together until I got home. Thank goodness.
We survived Spring Break...... amazingly.
Eli got accepted to THREE magnet schools for High School next year...... and we have informed him that he must choose one that offers music. He is thrilled to find out that the one he REALLY wants offers an advanced band program. :) Also, they have early morning semimary (a church class) that starts at 6am at the high school... not sure yet how he's going to get there that early, but it will all work out.
Aaron has a second job interview in the morning at 6am with another company. We are hopeful that they will offer him the job, and that the money will really be better. Also, it would provide insurance for us, which would be super great, considering Aaron's blood pressure, and my longstanding neurological issues. Please pray that we get this........
Also, we are in the midst of trying to decide what to do about the future of our housing situation. We are currently renting a home, but it just isn't big enough. As you may know, the housing market is still in the downward turn, and we are hoping to pick something bigger up before it heads back in the upward direction. With the idea of the new job, we are taking this slow, but we do have a few great ideas brewing in our minds. We are just waiting for things to fall into place. Any further prayers in our behalf would definitely be appreciated.
Other things are happening....... but I am too tired to write them tonight. I'm going with Ben to a robotics competition tomorrow at UNLV. He is super-excited, and I am too..... mostly just to get to be with him, but having to go someplace OTHER than a doctor appointment is total BONUS! LOL
I need a vacation...........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment